25 Jun Staying Cool with these 5 Summer Essentials
Summer is officially here, and with that comes the dreaded South Florida heat. Unfortunately, it’s been so hot lately that all I want to do is stay indoors away from the scorching temperatures. However, with a little one, it can be very difficult to do so since all she wants to do is be outdoors. Argh!! Can’t say I blame her though since that’s all I wanted to do when I was a kid. So, in efforts to keep my little one happy, and my sanity intact, I’ve turned to these summer must-haves to get me through the blistering heat.
1. SWIMSUIT- Nothing like a beautiful retro swimsuit around the pool to stay cool. They look amazing and provide the coverage and support I need to keep up with my little mermaid. Not to mention, they’re at a great price.
2. FLOPPY HAT- This floppy hat has definitely become my go-to for outdoor activities, including waiting for my little one to finish her swim class every afternoon. It looks great and protects my face from those harmful UV-rays. It’s really a win-win!
3. KIMONOS- Kimonos are no longer just a traditional Japanese garment. In fact, they’ve become a big summer trend. Must be cause they’re light-weight and look very stylish, while still managing to keep you cool in the heat. I got this one at Forever 21. Unfortunately, it’s no longer available online, but they still have several others that look just as great.
4. MAXI DRESSES- I love maxi dresses because they are the best at keeping me cool, especially in the humid summer months. Unlike jeans and even shorts, a maxi dress can be very comfortable while I’m hanging outdoors. I love the ones below because they have a light and airy feel. First one is from Old Navy and the other one is from Cotton On. Definitely must-haves!
5. SUNSCREEN- Nothing more important than protecting your skin from those harmful UV-rays, this is why I saved the best for last. This sunscreen has become one of my favorites since it’s Hypoallergenic, fragrance-free, waterproof, sweatproof and won’t clog pores or cause breakouts. What’s not to love about that?! It’s available at any local drugstore.
Once you have all of these essentials, you’ll be ready to get outdoors. Whether it’s with a little one, or on your own always make sure to take some water with you. Staying hydrated is key in this heat and it’s the most important essential you’ll need to get through the day. Enjoy the summer!!!!